Z-Wave cameras let families monitor their homes and businesses remotely. This technology brings peace of mind because you not only get to keep an eye out on the children but also catch burglars and shoplifters the moment they commit a crime. Some models are suitable for a wide range of Z-Wave compatible accessories, allowing businesses and homeowners the freedom to customize their security setup.
Z-Wave technology can also help keep your home connected. But what does that mean exactly? And how will this favor your family? Here are a few key benefits to Z-Wave home automation:
- Easy Installation. Z-Wave cameras are easy to install and do not require any electrical rewiring.
- Affordable. For the most part, Z-Wave home automation and Z-Wave cameras are a small investment. Users can easily add more smart products that cater to their individual needs.
- Secure. Z-Wave technology is incompatible with WiFi, which means that any images a user sends will not fall into the wrong hands.
- Reliable. Z-Wave has a proven 10-year reputation for being a best-in-class home automation solution.
- Trusted. Some of the biggest brand names on the smart home products market use Z-Wave.
- Experienced. Used in over 50 million smart home products worldwide.
- The smart home leader. Used by 9 out of 10 leading security companies.
- Many choices. Over 2,100 Z-Wave smart home automation products on the market.
Now that the benefits are outlined, let’s see how the top three models of Z-Wave cameras compare.
Nexia Home Outdoor Camera
Once a customer signs up for a Nexia subscriber account, they can use this outdoor camera to monitor their front porch, backyard or patio. They can set up multiple cameras to monitor every area that they deem as risky for break-ins.
Then they can view live video footage of the Z-Wave camera from most web-accessible computers, smartphones or tablets. They may also choose to record and store the video footage for later viewing. Infrared technology to monitor homes at night or during inclement weather. External lighting is not required to use this technology.
Security Camera System Pro voted the Nexia Home Outdoor Camera WCO100NX N N SL as an excellent choice for families with children and pets.
- Remote control viewing (requires a Nexia subscriber account)
- Watch live video from any internet-accessible computer, tablet or smartphone
- Video playback
- Video storage
- Infrared night vision
- 1-year warranty
Piper nv Smart Home Security System
The Piper nv Smart Home Security System offers many features that make it one of the most popular cameras in the industry. This system offers a simple setup and an easy-to-use interface that makes it perfect for beginners.
It produces high resolution 180-degree day or night footage, which can be viewed live or at a later date. Other features include motion/sound detection, temperature/light/humidity sensors, a 2-way audio system and a 105dB siren that sounds whenever an intruder comes within range.
Users can customize this system by purchasing more Z-Wave compatible accessories. No contracts or subscription fees are required, which makes the Piper nv Smart Home Security System a very affordable option for families who need to monitor their homes and pets.
- Zero contracts/subscription fees
- High-resolution 180-degree camera
- Infrared night vision
- Live video recording
- Video playback
- Temperature, light and humidity sensor
- Two-way audio
- 105dB siren
- Text/email alerts
- iOs and Android smartphone compatibility
- SSL video encryption
- Backup battery
- Compatible with many Z-Wave compatible accessories
Fortrezz Siren and Strobe Z-Wave Camera
Unlike the top two contenders, the Fortezz SSA-01 offers a complete home security system with a camera, siren and strobe light. The Z-Wave technology allows users to view their feeds from any internet-connected device. Users can view the video footage live or watch a recording when it’s convenient for them.
The siren and strobe light may not only scare any would-be burglars away, but alert neighbors to call the police. The siren will also sound if the power wire is interrupted.
- Indoor use only
- Requires separate purchase for a Z-Wave gateway to control
- 110dB alarm
- Bright LED lights
- 9V battery backup
- 3 modes – Siren, Strobe, Strobe & Siren
Alarm.com Indoor WiFi Video Camera
When it comes to bells and whistles, this Z-Wave camera packs in quite a few punches.
The Alarm.com ADC-V522IR serves as a compact, extra set of eyes that can service any home. It offers crystal clear recording that’s perfect for indoor monitoring. Connect the device with your security system’s mobile application to keep track of the activity happening in your home from anywhere. And with infrared night vision, you can monitor movement from sun up and past sundown of up to 15 feet. In addition, the Alarm.com indoor camera can work across WiFi or ethernet. Check-in with live feed footage or record important clips for even more surveillance.
- HD 1080p video
- Wide dynamic range
- Two-way audio
- 113-degree viewing angle
Don’t Reduce Your Home to One Tier of Security
So there you have it. Those are some great Z-Wave cameras you can use to monitor your most important spaces. But for complete home security, you might want to broaden your search.
Yes, having a security camera inside your home is an excellent first step in equipping your home with effective security. But for complete home protection, you’ll need a home security system. When you choose to secure your home with a company like Protect America, you’re arming your property with 24/7 professionally monitored systems that are ready to protect you and your loved ones at all hours of the day. As a company, we will work with you to customize your security package to ensure you’re only paying for the equipment your family wants and needs.
Ready to protect your home with monitored home security? Click to get a free quote from Protect America.
The post 3 Great Options for Z-Wave Cameras: How To Find The Right Camera appeared first on Protect America Blog.